We are looking for a thorough General Construction estimator to calculate costs and gains of construction projects. You will collect and analyze data according to a series of useful variables. The ideal candidate will be very comfortable with numbers and analytical. You must have great attention to detail and excellent communication skills. The goal is to provide the company with accurate information that will help in company growth, operations and strategic planning. 10 years experience in the construction estimating space a must. Reports directly to the VP of Construction.
We are unique in that we encourage growth through coaching and developing our team from the 3 step interview process to career development. Your longevity with the team depends on your level of growth. The interview process is done in 3 rounds: round 1 – phone screening. Should you reach round 2 – documenting and setting your personal, professional and financial goals. Establishing these goals helps to establish what the candidate wants to strive for not only for themselves but for their families and the growth of the company. Should you reach round 3 – Meeting the team!
The company is on a mission to grow to uncharted territories of wild growth and leadership so only consider submitting a resume if you want to be on a team of integrity, accountability, excellence and growth.
Our core values are the backbone of our business and guide our hiring process: we are driven by integrity, inspirational, accountable, transparent, disciplined and aligned. This company operates throughout the Northeast region.
- Perform detailed quantity take offs to determine accurate scope of work
- Organize the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate
- Acquire understanding of the requirements of the project/program at hand
- Select metrics to produce valid estimates
- Visit sites, warehouses and other venues to gather essential information
- Review documents or consult experts to collect all necessary data
- Analyze data and produce forecasts
- Perform risk analysis
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission to appropriate parties
- Select advantageous deals by evaluating offers and quotes
- Foster relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, architects etc.)
- Proven track record as successful construction estimator
- Deep understanding of research methodology, data analysis and estimation metrics
- Comfortable with numbers and technology
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, On Screen Take Off (OST) and or any related bidding platforms
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities – a must!
- Well-organized and reliable
- Estimating experience of Federal and municipal spaces helps but not required
- Oversight of M/WBE trade coverage
- Must be able to confidently negotiate throughout the bidding process
- 401(k) match
- Dental Insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Position is located in the Springfield, MA office.
COVID Safety requirements are in full effect both in and outside of the office
If this position caught your eye, send us your resume! For best consideration, include the job title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com.